December 10, 2014

Oteo - 5.0

If you didn't go to Tortilla Bar on State Street in Orem you probably remember seeing it or hearing whispers about it. It was a modern, high class place with wooden furniture, mismatching silverware, locally sourced ingredients, and drop-your-jaw delicious gourmet tacos. But—in true hipster fashion—as soon as it started gaining buzz Tortilla Bar closed it's doors. For months I craved their delicious tacos in vain, sulking at the thought that I'd never taste of their goodness again. 

But alas! I heard through the food-blogger-grapevine that father-son duo, Mosi and Chef Sam Oteo, were resurrecting Tortilla Bar into Oteo! Just a little further North on State Street into Lindon. They are serving all of my favorite dishes from Tortilla Bar, plus some new ones! The Oteo's are bringing Mexican dining to a whole new level. DREAM COME TRUE.


*Disclaimer*

These are not your mama's tacos. These are locally sourced, geniusly crafted, $11 tacos. Now wipe that stupid look off your face and hear me out. This is like a palette roller-coaster. It is the Disneyland Hotel Experience of Tacos. Expensive, but worth it. Definitely a quality, not quantity establishment. But believe me when I say that you deserve this. It will be a careless splurge you won't regret. However, if you can't appreciate sophisticated dining (not apologizing for how pretentious I'm being) then let me direct you to some Mexican food of your caliber.

My recommendations:

When you order be sure to ask Mosi what is good that day. He hasn't lied to me yet, everything he says is true so you can trust him!


Platano Macho
Fried plantains over almond butter, drizzled with a cream sauce and topped with goat cheese. Don't ask questions, it will blow your mind.




Quesadilla 
For those of you still worried about the goat cheese mentioned above.




Avocado Taco
Fresh avocado, goat cheese, thinly sliced beets (yes, beets), drizzled with some type of chili oil sauce. IF YOU ARE EVEN SLIGHTLY INTERESTED IN AVOCADOS YOU MUST GET THIS TACO.




Pork Taco
I usually get the steak tacos (steak, jalapeƱo, and apples) but Mosi told me the pork was amazing that night so I went with it. It was the best taco I have ever had in my entire life. Do you hear me? I don't just throw those kind of comments around. Let me say it again so I can be sure you understand: the best taco I have had in my entire life. That night they had slow roasted pork belly, just enough fat to keep you warm and enough crust to keep you interested. Topped with pickled onions and an orange that just won't quit. It should come as no surprise that I got teary eyed on my first bite.

Treat yourself to this enlightening taco eating experience. Or make your parents/rich friends/significant other treat you to it. Just get these tacos in your mouth.

Kayla

P.S. Follow Oteo on Instagram to know about what's new and deals like Taco Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment