August 8, 2014

Moochie’s Meatballs - 5.0

Tucked in behind all the construction on the streets of Downtown Salt Lake, lies a hearty little dive called Moochie’s Meatballs where they sell the best subs in all the land!



This place may be small but it packed in the personality and took a trip on down to flavor town. This food is fresh, friendly, and FIIIIIIIIIIINE. (If I really like the food somewhere, I should really consider waiting a week before I blog so that I can calm down and speak intelligibly about it.)

Moochie’s makes me wish that I lived in SLC and was a professional eater (I guess I’m half-way there though). The atmosphere is very cool. We got to sit outside and listen to a guy with a beard play the guitar and inside was just a bunch of young people making good sandwiches. They aren’t trying harder than they need to, they do what they do, and they do it right. And it’s amaze balls.

So amaze balls, in fact, that Guy Fieri gave it a visit on Diner’s, Drive-In’s & Dives. So, yeah. It’s money.






Now the food. First off, the textures are beautiful. The bread is crispy but fluffy, it defies nature. And the flavors were popping in all the right places. We tried the Atomic Meatball and the Philly Cheesesteak, because after some research I found that they’re the most popular subs. The meat ball sub was really, really good. It had feta cheese, great tomato marinara, and like the mother of all meatballs. Giant, messy, but really, really good. I was enjoying my sub as gracefully as a lady can enjoy a meatball sub when my wonderful date, Tyler, graciously offered me a bite of his Philly. Seriously shut up amazing I can’t even. I only had one bite but my eyes lit up and I saw a glimpse of what life could be like. My uncle Brian (who referred me to Moochie’s) actually said, and I quote, “If I had to eat one sandwich, and then die, it would be the Philly Cheesesteak from Moochies.” And there you have it folks. Although, nothing will convince you more than these pics will.

Atomic Meatball Sub

Philly Cheesesteak
You’re welcome. And try the Jumping Jalapeño Sauce.

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment