September 3, 2014

Ruth’s Diner - 5.0

Literally there was a kind note from Betty Crocker--WRITTEN ON A NAPKIN--framed on the wall.

Betty. Crocker.





First off, I’m in love with this eating establishment. Ruth’s is up Emigration Canyon, so it’s so pretty and peaceful. The diner itself is like, so cute. You have all these cool, diverse, Salt Lake people surrounding you. Mike was the best server in the world. AND they have a patio with garden lights.

Garden lights always lead to good things. Think about it.


Cute little flowers by our table

I really, honestly felt like I was in Disneyland. My aunt/friend (my fraunt) Melissa commented that it wouldn’t even be weird if Goofy was walking around. You have to understand how much I love Disneyland though. Saying something reminds me of Disneyland is the highest compliment I can give anything. Disneyland is magical, and beautiful, and nice, and thoughtful, and it has a rich history, and it’s the happiest place on Earth. I can’t talk about Disneyland for long periods of time without getting emotional. No joke, last year I was on a double date and the other guy (not my date) asked me about The Wonderful World of Color. I started crying. REAL TEARS.

Last year.

K but seriously this place is amazing. You should take the trip up the canyon and I can give you 5 good reasons why.

Reason #1: Biscuits

Look at those Biscuits.





Reason #2: Homemade blackberry jam

Nice touch Ruthy.




Reason #3: Mac n’ Cheese

The Mac n’ Cheese was what Mac n’ Cheese should be. We got the kids order, so we could just have a little taste, and it was a perfect size.



Reason #4: Pulled Pork Eggs Benedict

KILLER barbecue sauce over great meat. And that is no english muffin under those eggs kids, that is jalepeno cornbread. So weird and awesome that I loved it.



Reason #5: Meatloaf Burger

Just a slab of delish meatloaf--seared so it has a little bit of a crust--in some fluffy bread and topped with  bbq sauce. And look at those onion rings. It’s ridiculous.




Plan a weekend in Salt Lake for no reason other than because you deserve it and go to Ruth’s Diner. Go once for lunch and again for dinner because it would be magical at nighttime. I just….I loved it. I was happy there.

SO WAS BETTY FLIPPING CROCKER.

Kayla

1 comment:

  1. You realize Betty Crocker is a fictional character, right?

    ReplyDelete