April 29, 2014

Crunch Cone @ Polar Queen

Polar King in Mapleton used to be THE place to go until around 6 years ago when it closed down and all our hopes and dreams were crushed with it.

That was a dark day for my family.

Polar Queen in Payson is Polar King's almost-equal-but-clearly-sub-par counterpart. They have almost an identical menu although everything is worse because it’s not the King and no one will come close to the King without the nostalgia and memories that came along with it. It’s like saying that the “I can’t believe it’s not Butter” butter actually tastes like butter. Stop lying to yourselves.

However, my bestie Braxy never shuts up about these “Crunch Cones” that she can only find at Polar Queen. They are basically an ice cream cone covered in sprinkles and peanut brittle. Barry’s in Spanish Fork used to have them and it’s an “elusive” item at Dairy Queen?? I guess they’re kind of a big deal according to Brax and Google (people are obsessed with this thing, search "Crunch Cone" and see for yourself). I can’t not know about any type of unique food item so, one lonely Saturday night, we decided to venture the 20 minutes to Payson for some ice cream.

I’m glad to say that Braxten was right! Good thing or else I would have dumped her as a friend for making me go to Payson for bad food. But the Crunch Cone is definitely a thing and it’s definitely worth a try!

(melty glob of crunchy good)



Also, if you would like me to add you to the petition list to bring back Polar King please contact me.

#BringBackTheKing

Kayla



No comments:

Post a Comment