February 14, 2014

Rocco's Tacos -- solid 3.0

Ahhhh Rocco....I really wanted to like your tacos. But both times I've come to your place I haven't even finished my tacos. KAYLA ALWAYS FINISHES HER TACOS.

Rocco's Tacos is a cool yellow food trailer in between Guru's and Los Hermanos on Center Street in Provo. And it definitely looks like something you would find in Provo. It's a super chill atmosphere. I can just imagine all the "Provo All-stars" hanging out there in the summertime, most likely on the prowl for all the chicks going into Guru's. I also follow Rocco's on instagram and I really like the personality of the owner, he seems like a super nice guy. Which makes me really want to like this place! But...














The first time I went to Rocco's I ordered the fish tacos, and the second time I tried 1 beef and 1 pork taco. All of them were fine. They were basically the taco equivalent of a burger from McDonald's. That being said, some of you like burgers from McDonald's. I think that my 17 year old brother and his friends would probably really enjoy going to Rocco's to get a butt load of cheap tacos and wings. However, I also think my 17 year old brother and his friends would eat pizza out of the trash can if the opportunity presented itself.


Good tortillas, nothing to rave about. Average fries. Average sweet pork. Average ground beef. Fry the fish = fry the flavor. The sauce on the beef taco took me a minute to get over , it looked like the stuff that comes out the back end of a snail. Worst of all, the fish and pork tacos both had lettuce and fry sauce for toppings. Between you and me, it's offensive that they would treat fish and pork the same way.

So if you're thinking about going to Rocco's Tacos, do so at your own culinary risk. You might really like it, I really didn't. However I never did try the wings so they might be Rocco's saving grace! I guess I'll end with this thought, "Choose ye this day where ye will eat; as for me and my house, we would rather eat at Del Taco." I love Del Taco.

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment